If you are using version 7.3.3 of Google Earth, you might face communication issues with Plex.Earth:
Unfortunately, Google, with this last version of Google Earth, has decided to withdraw the communication protocol COM API, which is utilized by third-party programs, like Plex.Earth, in order to make use of the application.
Further to that, Google has imposed the installation of this version, through auto-update.
Therefore, in order to solve this issue, please follow the steps below:
1) Uninstall Plex.Earth and Google Earth.
2) Download and install Google Earth 7.1.8 by clicking here, which does not support auto-update.
Choose to NOT run the application after the installation, as shown in the image below:
3) Download and install the latest PE3 version.
4) Open AutoCAD and use Plex.Earth.
If this does not directly solve the problem, please follow the steps below:
- Close AutoCAD and Google Earth.
- Uninstall Plex.Earth and Google Earth.
- Download & install the 7.1.8 version of Google Earth (even if this is what you already have). Do not open Google Earth.
- Download and install the latest release of Plex.Earth 3.
- Restart your computer.
- Open AutoCAD (without opening Google Earth).
- Use the "Zoom to Area" command of Plex.Earth (a couple of times if needed).
You will only need to do this once, as this sequence will fix the issue in almost all cases.
If the problem persists, please contact us at email@example.com.