If you are using version 7.3.3 of Google Earth, you will face communication issues with Plex.Earth. Happily, we do have a fix!
What happened? The automatic (forced) update of Google Earth to version 7.3.3 deletes the communication protocol COM API, which is utilized by third-party programs, like Plex.Earth, in order to make use of the application.
How to solve it? All you have to do is to use a previous version of Google Earth (7.1.8).
Tip: If you want to be able to work with any version of Google Earth, then you should consider the new version of our software, Plex-Earth 5. This imports imagery directly from its providers (including Google Maps) and as such, is free from such dependencies. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to discuss a subscription upgrade!
Therefore, please follow the steps below (make sure to follow this exact order):
1) Uninstall Plex.Earth and Google Earth.
2) Delete any remaining Google Earth folder from C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).
and any folder that contains 7.3.3 files.
3) Restart your computer.
4) Download and install Google Earth 7.1.8 by clicking here, which has identical images but does not auto-update.
Choose to NOT run the application after the installation, as shown in the image below:
5) Download and install the latest release of Plex.Earth.
https://go.plexscape.com/redirect.aspx?linkid=4000 (copy this link and paste it to your browser)
This version has been patched to help you fix this issue automatically.
6) Open AutoCAD and use Plex.Earth.
If this does not directly solve the problem, please also try using Plex.Earth's "Zoom to Area" command (a couple of times if needed).
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
If the above solution does not work, you may have to perform a clean installation of Plex.Earth and Google Earth.
Therefore, please follow the steps below:
1) Uninstall Plex.Earth and Google Earth from the Control Panel.
2) Run the "CUI" command of AutoCAD and go to Partial Customization. Unload any Plex.Earth element you may find there.
3) In the Window's Search, in your taskbar, type the following addresses and hit Enter.
- %appdata%\plexscape\plex.earth 4
For each address, search for any Plex.earth or Google Earth files in there (with the search bar just next to the address bar on the top, it should come up with a number of files containing "Plex.earth" and Google Earth in their name) and delete them all.
4) In the Window's Search, type regedit and hit Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. Then go through the following keys one by one:
- Computer\HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT (as well as any key below default like S-1-5-18, S-1-5-21-3286770155-2259518092-3295564131-1001 etc)
Once you go to the above-mentioned keys, look for a key with the Plexscape or Google Earth name. If you find a key, delete it.
5) In the Window's Search, type the following and hit Enter:
You will now open the Temp folders. Just delete the containing files. If Windows show errors while deleting a few files, leave them. These files might be used by some running software or Windows services.
6) Download and install Google Earth 7.1.8 by clicking here.
Choose to NOT run the application after the installation.
7) Download and install the latest release of Plex.Earth.
8) Open AutoCAD.
9) Use Plex.Earth
If the problem still persists, please contact us at email@example.com.