A very useful implementation is the ability to edit the features of your imagery. With Plex-Earth, you will now be able to achieve it. Plex-Earth offers the ability to edit any mosaic imagery. You can change the brightness, contrast, and transparency, and you can even make adjustments to your imagery. You can bring it to the front or send it to the back, and also move your imagery wherever you want in your drawing or even rotate it. Below, you can find more details regarding all available features.
After you import the imagery of your area of interest, you can proceed with utilizing our available editing tools. The exact steps are the following:
Select Image to Edit
1. Choose the image or the mosaic you would like to edit.
2. Select the Edit option.
3. Then, choose the Edit option on the Mosaic Editor.
4. In the last window, you will be presented with 8 different options.
Send to Back / Bring to Front
Imported images will be saved on the active AutoCAD (or BricsCAD) layer.
- Use the Send to Back command to move them to the background.
- Or use the Bring to Front command to move them to the front of your drawing.
Adjust Image (Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Transparency)
In the following section, we are given the option to edit the way the image is presented by changing the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and transparency, and also to view the selected changes before saving them, on the right side the preview. After making the desired adjustments, we click OK.
1. Brightness: Specify Brightness from -100 to 100.
2. Contrast: Specify Contrast between -100 to 100.
- If the image is dark, you can increase the Brightness (for example 20) and reduce the Contrast (for example -10)
- On the other hand, if it is bright you can reduce the Brightness (for example -20) and increase the Contrast (for example 10)
3. Hue: Specify Hue from -180 to 180.
4. Saturation: Specify Saturation from -100 to 100.
- With the Hue option, you can define a specific color on your imagery such as blue, green, red, yellow, and all colors between them.
- With the Saturation option, you can define the intensity of a hue. Vivid primary colors are highly saturated, while pastel colors are unsaturated.
-100 Saturation / +100 Saturation
5. Τransparency: Specify Transparency between 0 to 250. Depending on your drawing, you can define the opacity of the image.
6. Revert To Original: Selecting the Revert to Original option clears all adjustments and reverts to the original image.
The Invisible Color is used in case you want to make the white/black pixels of the image completely transparent.
- When you select the Invisible color, you can choose between None, Black, and White.
- This option gives the ability to create a cutout region of an image by selecting a polyline that will serve as a boundary that removes the section bounded inside.
- This option gives the ability to clip an image by selecting a polyline that will serve as a boundary that retains the section bounded inside.
- This option gives the ability to rotate the image in your drawing in the correct position, by specifying an origin point or angle.
- Selecting an origin gives you the option to choose the rotation point of your imagery.
- This option gives the ability to specify image displacement to correct misalignment to drawings with issues, by specifying the source point.
Use this Option to Align your image with a line. After using this command, you will be prompted to select two source points to align with two destination points.
Use this option to revert your image to its initial position. This command removes any applied change from Align, Rotate, and Move.
Tip: If you want to revert the image to its previous stage of the condition, you can select the same command from the editing tool (for example Cutouts, Clipping, Rotate, Move) and choose the Clear option on the command line.
We hope that you have found this introduction on how to edit your imagery, helpful. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may still have.
Don't have Plex-Earth yet? Explore all the features and potential benefits of this software; install a fully functional 7-day free trial of Plex-Earth now!
AutoCAD Version: 2023, 2022 , 2021 , 2020 , 2019 , 2018 , 2017 , 2016
Civil 3D® Version: 2023, 2022 , 2021 , 2020 , 2019 , 2018 , 2017 , 2016
AutoCAD Architecture Version: 2023, 2022 , 2021 , 2020 , 2019 , 2018 , 2017 , 2016
BricsCAD Pro: V22 , V21